Monday 28 April 2014

We interrupt your day...

for a bit of existentialism.

B and I email back and forth during the week.  Sometimes funny stuff, sometimes research-y articles, sometimes cool, design-related things.  I just noticed that for the past few weeks I've been sending him a lot of existential articles about things like anxiety and death.  Obviously, grief over leaving a job in grief work is coming out in my email habits (which makes me laugh about how real/absurd/normal/crazy that is).

So, instead of emailing B these links, I'm going to take a break from subjecting him to my sad, nutty world of internal processing and share it with you instead.  You lucky, lucky dog.

First, this act of This American Life made me sob (I mean, heaving, "What the fuck?!" sobs that actually felt really good).

Second, if you're feeling anxious, here's a little something to put it all in perspective.

Third, an article that I did, in fact, send B.  I've tried using this trick a few times and it is really helpful.  


No comments:

Post a Comment