Wednesday 18 April 2012

Curate v. /ˈkyo͝oˌrāt/

to select, organize, and present (suitable content, typically for online or computational use): nearly every major news organization is using Twitter’s new lists feature to curate tweets about the earthquake (as adjective curated) a curated alternative to the world’s most popular video portal

I've never used the word curate like this before but it makes perfect sense to describe the process of managing and organizing internet content, which can be so overwhelming. Really, there has to be a better way of keeping track of things...you should see my Google reader...truly awful. Whatever. I am bedazzled by the amount of information available online--sometimes the knowledge gaining excitement meter goes through the roof!

Today, I'm going to begin (or try) curating some sites I like. (This list is probably going to grow). Here goes:

Cracked

Radiolab

Wired - Frontal Cortex

Sound Opinions

Design Scouting

We Are Hunted

The Writer's Almanac

And I found the blog by Mara Wilson (ie. Matilda--remember her?!)

Don't forget the daily Yahoo! Shine horoscope.

And a song:





No comments:

Post a Comment