Wednesday 22 January 2014

Bedtime

I know I shouldn't use electronics before bed.  It's what we preach to parents about getting their kids to go to sleep at a reasonable hour and making bedtime a ritual.  But I have a ritual with my phone: check Facebook, check Instagram, look for jobs online, check Instagram again, and look at my countdown app to reassure myself that I'm getting out of Greensboro in less than four months.  And back to looking for jobs.  Or apartments.  And then reading my Kindle.

Georgia probably thinks it's a game of favorites with my iPhone and she's coming in second place.  Damn good thing I don't have kids.

Besides the fact that I wind myself down with apps, I've also gotten good at winding myself up with an inner monologue raging against winter.


This is me.  Raging.  (on the inside).

That and ruminating about how my thighs feel wiggly.  And how I have a group to plan for and run in two days but all I really want to do is sleep in and drink hot chocolate and eat Milky Way bars.  Did I mention I'm basically hibernating?

Right.  On to sweet dreams of warmth and summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment